Many thanks to all who wrote about traveling to Wales for the LG summer classes next August. I surely hope I can return the favor for anyone traveling on a lacey adventure in my area! My 's Gravenmoer piece is finally finished & resting so that Mirecourt may begin on 17th/18th. In the meantime, friends in Cortland would not allow another pillow to remain idle! I had inadvertently ordered the wrong threads from Stef Francis for an embroidery piece so decided to try the "fine" mercerized cotton for "the little peas" because Color #17 (variegated) really looks like a plate of English, snap & snow peas all mixed up in the same bowl. A semi slinky Oliver Twist embellishment thread will be the gimp. This probably won't be a "lacey" as the pattern should be, but the color is simply divine. To Jean: I had no clue my friend is your friend too. I shall now be seeking your autograph on my copy of your book! I did check out the linen hankies (cotton too) that have been the sour ce of much distress on this list. The consensus was that it's not so much the hankie fabric but the machine made edge that is objectionable. This of course gives me the opportunity to mention the relative benefits of coming to "lace world" from "embroidery world"!! There's a lot more flexibility if you have a few skills in withdrawn threads, hemstitching etc. that allow you to work with high count linen. Perhaps if there is enough interest, this would make an interesting class for convention?! My internet connection is working again, the sun has come out after three days of monsoons & there's a new piece of lace started--what could be better?!! Thanks again to all who helped me out. Sincerely, Susan, E-e-e-rie, PA
- To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line: unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
