Dear Friends,

How about using simple flour paste -- flour and water (mix and cook one minute in the microwave). It dissolves in water if you want to loosen it. This paste is used to mount fans leaves to fan sticks so should work on your backing fabric.

My Granny always added a little Methylated Spirits to that glue - she said it stopped it "going off" and smelling. She used an awful lot of it in her Papier Mache and I still have a couple of examples which are just fine, even though they are now over 70 years old.

David in Ballarat