With all due respect, Debora, I don't understand what you are trying to
say. I believe that you stated your feelings clearly, but are you
suggesting that the list not talk about the history that is associated
with lace? It is certainly a valid subject for discussion on the list,
and those postings that relate to the Saints have been clearly marked so
that you could simply skip them if you find them offensive. There are
often threads that don't interest me, for one reason or another, so
that's what I do. This list has members from literally all over the
world, and so it would be very unusual indeed if we all agreed on
everything. But I believe that the discussion, to this point, has been
about the various saints who were (and to a certain extent, still
are...) associated with lacemaking. This is part of lace history
(which, by the way, has not always been pretty!). No one has launched
into theological discussions.
Clay
Debora Lustgarten wrote:
Dear Arachneans and my few close friends among you,
I choose not to relate a pleasurable craft with nailed, burnt, or
otherwise tortured people, all for the sake of superstitions from
whichever side of the religious coin we may look.
My lace is meant to be a hobby, free from politics, religion and the
other base human follies, and that's hard enough as it is...
Debora Lustgarten
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to
believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
Douglas Adams
-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]