The article I have written is missing just few examples of beads. I will list them below and if you can find them and wou;ld be willing to share a scan of them with me for the article I would be most grateful. Check your Spangles and Superstitions book for more details.

A "Marvered bead" ( This bead has corrugated edges as it was run over a corrugated surface when it was molten. It is like a sort of a cog (if that helps) Quite rough in some ways )

A Pompadour bead. To be honest, though Thomas Wright mentions it I do not really have any idea about what it could be. I throw myself to your superior knowledge. It was named after Louis 15th's mistress. I would would imagine it would be round and pretty! :)

A decorated Square cut. That would be your common or garden square cut bead that had colour/ knobs/ any sort of thing on it that would stop it from being classed as "plain".

Evil eye bead, I have modern one but I would love the swirly serpent that ends with an eye or variant on this.

Yes, I also would like a Steeple Claydon. I have a couple of examples but I am far from sure they fall into the authentic requirement. They are spangles with about 20 smallish beads on them (almost like a bracelet!!)

Also if you have any examples of "really" out of the ordinary beads or spangles... like unique, and ideally historical as opposed to modern (not madly strict on that) Really fun stuff. :)

If you do scan it then scan at about 300 pixel per inch ideally.

The article is in fact written but waiting for these illustrations.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Brian and Jean
from Cooranbong, Australia

--
I am using the free version of SPAMfighter.
We are a community of 5.5 million users fighting spam.
SPAMfighter has removed 3566 of my spam emails to date.
Get the free SPAMfighter here: http://www.spamfighter.com/len

The Professional version does not have this message

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to