In an attempt to bring the lace list back to lace, I have a question to ask of
our more experienced lacemakers.

I took a beginning Binche class with Anny Noben Sleiger at convention this
summer.  I am now coming round to the joining of this small circular lace
piece and I want to know how to finish.  In my case I actually started this
piece with pairs of bobbins so I could sew into the starting points similarly
to how I do my buckspoint, but I would like to know more about the overlapping
joining techniques.

Is Het Lassen the correct term for this joint?  Does the lace actually
comprise of two ends that overlap and are sewn together at both ends of the
overlap?  If so, doesn't that make a thick join?  Or, do you make an overlap
and then after sewing both ends together at some convenient point, cut off the
excess on both sides?

I understand that this overlapping technique is good for those of us who make
mistakes in the lace and have a second chance at improving the piece, but in
something that has lots of tallies, I could go on forever and never be
satisfied with all of them. :-)

Janice

Janice Blair

Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA

www.jblace.com

http://www.lacemakersofillinois.com

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to