Here is a recipe in USA measurements. Sorry, no picture. http://www.greenchronicle.com/regional_recipes/catherine_cakes.htm
I think this recipe varies a bit from the one in the 'Cattern Cakes' book. This one has a breadI dough base (which matches the description I found on other webpages) and the one in the book is more of a cookie. The Cattern Cakes that have appeared at various lace meetings over the years have been more like crunchy cookies than bread. I think they all came from the book. If you don't like caraway, just leave it out or add some extra cinnamon or something. Lace --- I've been playing with the patterns in Annelies Kirst's book "Gekloppelte Ostereier". I think they were intended for Easter but I'm doing some for Christmas and changing colors. My church will have a Christmas Bazaar next month. The ladies in charge want to start a Fine Arts section and have asked me for a piece of lace but I have to price it myself. I plan to put in something that takes less than 8 hours to make -- ornament, bookmark or single rose corsage. I don't know yet what price to put on it. Alice in Oregon - To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line: unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
