At 06:27 PM 12/16/2008, Laurie Waters wrote:
I just bought a book called "Spitzen und so Weiter" (Lace and So On), it's the catalog of the exhibition of Bertha Pappenheim's lace collection at the MAK - Österreichisches Museum fuer angewandte Kunst/Gegenwartskunst in Vienna. I think the exhibition ran until last March. Pappenheim was a suffragette and philanthropist, but is most famous for being "Anna O", a famous psycoanalysis patient of Freud. Now I don't have much regard for psycoanalysis, and can't speak to Pappenheim's state of mind, but I know from personal experience that collecting lace can drive you crazy. And the better the lace is, the worse you get. She must have been in very bad shape, because her lace is absolutely amazing. Everyone interesting in collecting lace should get this catalog.
Laurie

But I can't find this catalog on the museum site. Got any clues how to obtain a copy? I am fascinated.

Patty
-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]

Reply via email to