I prefer the holders that zip around 3 sides, but when I want to see or display my bobbins, I use the sheets that are made to store strips of film negatives. (I don't know if they're still available but if they are, it's a lot easier than making your own sheets.) They're made to go into 3 ring binders, are clear plastic, and are divided horizontally into 7 sections. Each section is open on the left and right, so that the strips of negatives can slide in. I staple one end shut. And each is wide enough to take a pair of spangled bobbins, head to head. Like this :
O-------
        -------O

Margot Walker in Halifax on the east coast of Canada
Visit the Seaspray Guild of Lacemakers web site:
http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/quinbot