OK, Susan...

I was full of pain and compassion for your discomfort and misfortune with the broken finger, but that part about the chocolate covered frozen key lime pie on a stick... well - that was just too much. I think that in penance, you should send each of us a share of it...

Clay

in cold, wet, windy Virginia... where much uglier weather is in store. And we're the lucky ones.

hottl...@neo.rr.com wrote:
Hello All!  I've been following the digest the last several weeks but haven't been able to make lace since the
1st week of Nov. when I broke the ring finger on my right hand.  Nasty spiral fracture, stainless steel pins just
recently removed & still can't close my hand.  So I must enjoy your lacemaking activities instead of my own!
Please keep up the good work with juicy details!!  I wanted to ask about the mangling & whether the process
could include the use of an Iron-Rite (sp?)??  I see them for sale (used) in thrift shops from time to time.  My
granny had one when I was little & it was used to press all sorts of cotton & linen items on a
roller-type machine with a foot peddle to open the contraption.  She always used a linen tablecloth--those were
the days!  As to bobbin storage, maybe I'm too simplistic but, I use small wooden cigar boxes.  Many are just the
"right" size for various types of bobbins & at $2-$3 each they are fun to collect & some are so
beautifully dec
or
ated they are works of art themselves. Susan, E-e-erie, PA, now licking my wounds on Grassy Key (MM58) where it was 83 & sunny today & chocolate covered frozen key lime pie on a stick is part of the therapy ;-)