Dear Sue,
I am an avid Bucks Point fan but try as I might I cannot detect
what the essential difference is between Bucks and Tonder perhaps you could
enlighten me.

In my experience the main differences are these:-
- Toender is worked in the opposite direction from Bucks (but I don't)
- Toender is characterized by - large holes surrounded by honeycomb stitch

I find these days that regardless of which point ground lace I am making, I use Chantilly techniques, and probably a few I've developed myself. The end result looks lovely and only a lace-maker could tell the difference.

I very rarely fill in a petal for a floral motif with whole stitch - too easy to see when you either have too many or too few bobbins. Half stitch is much more forgiving. Also, I never put any extra twists on the inside of a gimp in a motif. That way the filling always comes right up to the gimp. Sometimes I will add an extra one or two on the outside to compensate. I use Elwyn KENN's "looper" technique whenever possible in order to avoid the need for adding in short extra gimps.
Can't thank of anything else relevant right now
David in Ballarat

Sue M Harvey
Norfolk UK