Dear Friends,
Today as I watched the latest on our dreadful Victorian bush fires, I was able to finally complete my piece of Toender lace which I had commenced on 14 Jan 2007!!

I have sent the final photos to Julian who will no doubt have them up on the website in a day or two. I do hope you get as much pleasure from them as I did in working this beautiful piece. Now if anyone has any ideas on how I could successfully get it to Princes Mary of Denmark & Tasmania, I'd be most grateful to hear them.

This evening I have wound a hundred or so pairs of bobbins in the finest black silk from Eva in Spain and at last have commenced the legendary "Miss Channer's Mat". This silk came on a large spool and seems to me to be about equal to Pipers 2/20. I have reduced the pricking to about 2/3 the original size and as far as possible am converting the mat from Floral Bucks Point to Chantilly.

David in Ballarat