Lorelei,
A beautiful piece.  the design is interesting.  I wouldn't expect leaf tallies
and cucumber tallies in English Bucks point.  But they have slipped into the
Danish version.  Very interesting.  Has anyone else seen this combination of
elements in other Toender pieces?

I must confess I hadn't seen them elsewhere in Toender either. This pricking dates from around 1850 I believe.

I also realised towards the end of the piece that I was not working the raised tallies in the way I learned in Beds lace. Actually I'd forgotten how to do them so made it up and it worked. Here's what I did:-

I was working away in half stitch making sure I had plenty of bobbins in there. Then when the point to start the tally was reached, I simply put 2 support pins into the pricking, worked the tally, then put 2 more support pins for the end of the tally, pushing them in a little further. Now back to the half stitch where a couple of passes each way went on top of the tally using my finger nail to guide the worker behind the 2 final pins. Of course this meant that I had to wait a mere 2 years to actually "see" my raised tallies as they were now on the under side of the work, but it was worth the wait, and did in fact work beautifully.
David