Some one was trying to get in touch with Linda Sheff.
Linda's e-mail was sent to a NELG member & I'm passing the news on.
Linda visited me here in Estonia in 2005 & I know what it's like to have
a broken ankle & have to use crutches.

Linda wrote:
"I fell on Jan-03-09 and sustained multiple fractures to my ankle. It was a
freak accident in Argentina, the day before our cruise around Sth. America.
I was jostled on the top of the bus steps and my bags shifted & I lost my
balance. My foot went straight down (because the steps were a spiral
staircase with the door closing mechanism & pole in the center at the
bottom). My foot & ankle were pinned between the pole & the edge of
the hydraulic wall & when I pitched forward, the bones snapped. The bus
line took me to a trauma clinic where they put an old-fashioned plaster cast
up to my knee & then I sustained a secondary fall on the ship & displaced
bones. When I came home I had surgery with plates and screws &
realignment of bones (morphine every hour) & stayed in the hospital for
3 days. I am now still in a non-weight-bearing cast & on crutches. What a
mess. I am finally back to full days at my office but really tired by 5:00
pm. You really know you're over 60 & overweight when you use crutches!
I can't drive, am dependent upon DH (you can probably guess how that goes)
& others for everything. I will be in a cast until sometime in May."

If anyone wants to write to her, send an email to <[email protected] <mailto:lindamsheff%40hotmail.com>>.
I'll probably be sending her something to cheer her up.
Pene

-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]

Reply via email to