I use the same method as mentioned in other messages for inserting bookmarks (using a folded piece of thin card) but I usually cut the tassle short on the piece of lace itself. I then use a hole punch to make a hole at the base of the plastic sleeve and use the left over thread from the bobbins to make a simple tassle - lengths of thread folded in half, use a chunky crochet hook, put it through the punched hole then pull the folded end of the threads through same punched hole, pull the other half of the threads through this loop, pull up and trim it to whatever length pleases, this secures the bookmark in the sleeve.

Nicky in Suffolk