Interesting thread...but I would like to make one comment - I usually say
that I 'work' lace not 'make' lace.
Karen in Malta

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
Christine Johnson
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2009 12:13 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [lace] Lacemaking

Dear Spiders,
I'm a lacemaker (one word) and although I make lace, I also "play" lace.
This is an activity that involves 2 people (possibly 3) who spend an
afternoon or evening talking about lace, possibly working on a pattern
draft or altering a pattern, looking at books (either browsing new ones
or checking a few specific references), making additions to the "gunna"
(do someday)list, gossiping about other people's lace or the people
themselves, possibly looking at lace pillow and even working through a
tricky bit BUT no serious lacemaking. 
(And my spell check has just objected to lacemaker, lacemaking "gunna"
and spellcheck - I yielded only to the last). 
Christine Johnson
(Sydney, Australia)

-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]

-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]

Reply via email to