Dear fellow-lacemakers

The latest set of patterns from the Retournac Museum (set 22) is now out - my
(subscription) copy arrived this week.  You can see them on the museum
website: http://www.ville-retournac.fr  (look for the flag symbol if you need
the English-language version) on the boutique/shop page.

There is an absolutely beautiful Cluny edging and matching insertion (pattern
nos. 12345 and 12344 with raised tallies); as I'm just finishing off my
current piece of torchon, I'm planning to tackle these next.

Which brings me to the thread question: the pattern sheet suggests 50/3 linen
for these; Threads for Lace has three 50/3 linens listed: Barbour, Bockens &
Pellavia, all at 20 or 21 wraps/cm which is about the same as Fresia 40/2
linen which I already have. How much difference to the finished
appearance/texture would it make to use the two-ply Fresia instead of a 3-ply
linen?

Also does anyone know how many of the three 50/3 linens are still available,
and which UK suppliers are likely to stock them?

Regards
Beth
in a rather chilly Cheshire, NW England - minus 5 deg C forecast for tonight,
hope none of my plants gets killed.