Subject: [lace] Re: beginner book (was describe BL)
Date: Tuesday 31 March 2009
From: purple lacer <purplelace...@hotmail.com>
To: lacel...@verizon.net, lace@arachne.com

Alice,I picked up Gillian Dye & Adrienne Thunder's new book "Beginner's Guide
to Bobbin Lace" at the IOLI convention last summer.  My first impression was
that it could be a great book for beginners.   I haven't read it cover to
cover yet but it has tons of great pictures.  And at $20 it is a great buy!
It is certainly more of a beginner book than Torchon Lace Workbook (which
doesn't have pictures for the basic cross and twist movements that beginners
w/o a teacher need).
Anita HansenCedar Rapids, Iowa

> Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 11:33:10 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Alice Howell <lacel...@verizon.net>
> Subject: [lace] Re:  beginner book (was describe BL)
>
> NEW QUESTION
> The beginner teaching book we have used for many years in this area (Torchon
Lace Workbook) is no longer available at a decent price from any source.  I
need a new (easily available) beginner book for new students so they can have
a reference on hand.