Daphne,

I made a mobile phone cover and taught it as a class at the 2007 Great Lakes
Lace Guild workshop.  It is a matter of making a pouch out of felt that
works with your mobile phone.  Then tat a strip(looks like a bookmark) that
will then be applied to the full length.  What I did was make the felt cover
first.  Then tat the strip to match the shape.  The strip is in 3 rounds.
It is tatted with Oliver Twist thread.  VERY small. :)

Here is the finished project: http://tinyurl.com/dzww4u

And here is just the tatted strip: http://tinyurl.com/d24p8d

Email me privately if you would like to talk about how to work this out.

--
Mark, aka Tatman
blog: http://tatmantats.wordpress.com/