On 15 Apr 2009, at 17:10, bev walker wrote:

FWIW there is board software where one posts in real time.

Bev, are you referring to the one you use for the Canadian Lacemakers' Gazette Chat Group? If so, a travel chat group that I'm a member of also uses it. I like it very much, especially being able to chat back and forth, to post pictures and to search easily for previous posts.

However, I'd suggest staying with 'the tried and true' until it gets too creaky. (I know absolutely nothing about these kinds of things, but I think that Majordomo may be less work for the owner/moderator?

Anyway, if the time comes when Majordomo doesn't work for us any longer, perhaps you and Avital can get together and make the switch?

Margot Walker in Halifax on the east coast of Canada
Visit the Seaspray Guild of Lacemakers web site:
http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/quinbot