Rhiannon,

Many years ago I made a gown with a lace over lay on the bodice. But with this project I used expensive machine made lace. I basted the lace to the brocade satin base fabric before any sewing took place. Then sewed the bodice together which included the darts and seams and all. But if I were to use "Hand made lace" I don't think I would do it that way. I would want to be able to remove the hand made lace at some point to put on an other garment. I think I would make the plain bodice first then hand stitch the hand made lace on top so it could be easily removed.

Good Luck

Patsy A. Goodman
Chula Vista, CA, USA

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rhiannon Mann"

Thanks SO much for sharing this:
It brings to mind something I had in the back of my mind as a major project.
Could this be made into an over-layer for a bodice? Does anyone have
experience of bodice being combined with lace?

Many thanks

Rhiannon
(gloriously sunny Co Meath, Ireland)