Oofph!!

Tough choice....

Either you're comfortable, and can focus and be in your element, or...

Your student is comfortable, and able to attend to his/her teacher who is paying for the air conditioning on his/her behalf, but not as comfortable.

Short run... turn on the AC... to low. Eventually, they'll get used to your temperature. I suspect that the humidity is as big a factor as anything, so that if you keep that under control from the beginning, it won't be so difficult to bring it down suddenly in a month or two.

Clay

Beth Mccasland wrote:
Gentle Spiders,
I had my first begriming beginner lace student - the first in a long time. I wanted her to come over for a lesson before she ordered any supplies to get a clue of what she was getting herself into, and what was available. She was able to get both Doris Southard's and Pamela Nottingham's books
through interlibrary loan - I'm rather partial to Doris's as that's the one
I started with - but I told her it was up to her.  I actually started her
on 9-pin just to get her the feel of the bobbins, and to make something.  I
think it went well, the two hours flew by.  She really wants to learn.

My only concern is the temperature of my house!  After living several years
with no air conditioning or inadequate a/c, I've gotten used to a warmer
room temperature, so long as the air is moving.  As it's still rather
pleasant outside, I had the doors and windows open, with box fans going.  I
got the feeling she's more used to a house that's kept rather chilly.     I
suppose it's moot, as in another month when she's due back it'll probably
be too hot, and I'll have closed up the house and turned the "air" on.

Beth McCasland
in the suburbs of New Orleans, Louisiana
on a warm and sunny spring day