Have to add my congratulations to David - it really does look something in black.

Clay wrote:

<I found that when lots of bobbins are required, a larger pillow is definitely advantageous. A 24" pillow gives you lots of room to work, with plenty of space to stack bobbins out of the way. So... never say never... just get a bigger pillow!! ; )>

I gave my 24 inch pillow away because I couldn't reach across it. Problem is that I can't get anything that big close enough - mainly due to what looks like a pillow already between it and my waist! Don't think there's any chance of losing weight until I reach the wizened old lady stage of life, so the best type of pillow for a large project for me, if I didn't want to keep moving the lace, would be the 9 separate all-moveable block type which allows movement of the finished part of the lace in all directions while still pinned down until it reaches the edge. David uses that type of pillow for his 'lace desk', but his blocks are 12 inches square as opposed to the more common portable one with 5 and a half inch squares.

Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK