It always makes me so happy when someone, Sister Claire in this case,
introduces the Archives to someone who hasn't heard about them.
Although we are no longer adding to number of CDs, eight in all, we
are always ready to scan and post any books or other out of copyright
(before 1923 or with the permission of the author if newer) and hope
to keep on doing so as long as they can be found.

And so, the great news for today is that Alex Stillwell has given us
permission to include her marvellous book The Technique of Teneriffe
Lace.  It has been scanned and posted, and can be found at
<http://www.cs.arizona.edu/patterns/weaving/
 >   Scroll over to This Month and you will find it there, ready to
read or copy.

We don't have many copies of contemporary books, which is of course
understandable, but we are extremely grateful to the authors for the
few that we have been allowed to scan and post.  This is a completely
volunteer site and we check everything for copyright.  Our only
request is that anyone downloading books or other materials use them
for their own purposes and not for any commercial gain.

  We also have requirements for the quality of the scans we are able
to make, and look for originals that are in good shape.  For instance,
photocopies don't scan well, and we can rarely use them, sadly.  I am
always happy to be contacted by anyone who thinks that something she/
he has found would be a good addition.

In the case of this book, I have to thank Alex first of all, because
without her generosity we would none of us be able to read and use
it.  But I must also thank Jeri Ames, who pulled it down from the
shelves of her enormous embroidery and lace  library here in Maine and
who was kind enough to drive an hour to bring it to me.  And not least
of all, we must all be grateful to John Cropper in Arizona who takes
my scans, reviews them for errors, turns them into PDFs, and posts
them on the site for all of us to enjoy.  These make up the team which
has brought The Technique of Teneriffe Lace to us all.

We are grateful to them all. Now, go take a look!

Tess (tess1...@aol.com) in Maine USA, where yesterday all records were
broken with a temperature of 93F' (33.9C')!