Hi everybody.

I have a friend who is a lacer and she has a problem with an edging she is
making. She bought nice dark brown wooden bobbins and started working her
white edging. When she had worked for a while, she observed that the thread
got dyed from the bobbins. That is, her edging is now stained in an
irregular  brown colour.

The question is: What is the solution for this?

A. Cut the lace and start again with new bobbins and new thread.
B. Continue working the lace and once finished, wash it. In this case, the
question is : HOW?
C. Continue with the lace and once finished, dye it with tea (but, I suppose
the stains on the lace will remain there, won't they?)
D. Other solutions

As usual, I will be very grateful for any idea I receive.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Antje, from Guadalajara, Spain