And a follow up question, Alice.....Just *when* is the divorce??!!   (VBG)

Ruth

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-l...@arachne.com [mailto:owner-l...@arachne.com] On Behalf Of
Alice Howell
Sent: Saturday, 8 August 2009 8:05 AM
To: Brenda Paternoster
Cc: Arachne; lace-c...@arachne.com
Subject: [lace] Re: gasoline smell part 2

In the USA, 'gas' is what we call petrol.  It was clear...left no marks...
but the smell drives me nuts.

All the cleaning suggestions for fabrics end with saying NOT to dry it in a
dryer because any residue could combust.  Drying in air is recommended until
any trace of odor is gone.

I may have to wash, rinse, re-soak my lace for several days before it's
clear of the stuff.  About a dozen lace pieces got it, so far.  I'm
re-checking the rest of the display items just in case I missed some the
first time through.

I know that I wanted a new board for display since a recent demo in wet
weather warped it, but I really didn't plan to do it right now.  A small
table, a box, my planing book,and some other things got caught in it too.  I
keep finding more things that smell.  The display board was foam board, so
it started to dissolve, or at least get very soft.

Alice in Oregon -- overcast, and supposed to rain, so I can't leave the car
windows open today.