Thank you so much, Avital, you are right and that is why we are happy to
have you als moderator!
Gabriele
Avital schrieb:
Before you all start writing again about travel, please RE-READ my
original message below. I said "unless you're actually describing lace
classes or views of a lace collection."
Clarification:
Sr. Claire's visits to lace collections are absolutely on-topic.
Francis' experiences at IOLI will be (I presume) on-topic.
Boob-sightings and quests for natural yogurt are not on-topic.
Summary:
Of course travel descriptions go off-topic from time to time. We're
all human and have lives away from the bobbins and shuttles. I ignore
these off-topic tangents. It's when they start to spawn threads of
their own about yogurt or go on and on with very little lace content
that I need to step in. Although many of you are interested in
off-topic chat, I have to think of the people who are very busy and
want to read primarily about lace, so that they don't have to wade
through their digests looking for lace content.
If you don't want to subscribe to lace-chat for any reason, you can
bookmark the lace-chat archives
(http://www.mail-archive.com/lace-c...@arachne) and follow the various
threads until they end. Another possibility is for the travel-writer
to set up, in most email address books, a "group" that sends emails to
lace-chat and to anyone who doesn't subscribe to lace-chat but wants
to receive those emails.
It's fairly rare for me to step in and ask that a thread be moved.
Most of you are very good about moving off-topic chat to lace-chat.
I'm trying to protect the interests of all subscribers. Since we do
have a chat list, it doesn't make sense to turn the main lace list
into a chat list.
BTW, if anyone is making, say, a cross-country road trip and wants to
post about their adventures, the best way to do it is on a blog. It's
incredibly easy to set one up, they can be updated minute by minute,
and people can subscribe to your blog for updates. I've been using
http://www.wordpress.com because it has some very good tools and
templates.
Avital
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Avital <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 6:28 AM
Subject: Admin: travel
To: "Arachne.com" <[email protected]>
Dear Arachnes,
I realise that a lot of you are traveling this month but the stories
are getting a bit long and the threads they generate are veering
off-topic. I gently suggest that you move them to lace-chat, unless
you're actually describing lace classes or views of a lace collection.
Thank-you,
Avital
Arachne moderator
-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]
-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]