---- "Mark wrote:  I gave it a try and made a pattern from the inspirational 
piece of jewelry I
found on google images of a St. Bridget Cross that I posted earlier. It is kind 
of Bedfordshire stye lace....I guess. -----

Great idea!  And that inspires me to suggest variations.  Those rectangles 
(with the plaits-n-picots that follow the original jewelry pattern) can be used 
to make a sampler of grounds/fillings.  They could be filled with 4 different 
Russian fillings, or Honiton fillings, or Torchon grounds (honeycomb, Dieppe, 
rose ground, etc.).  Of course, if you have one filling/ground that you 
especially like, you could do all four rectangles the same.

You could also change the sort-of-nine-pin Beds loops on the end of each 
rectangle into a cluster of leaves.  If that's too small, you could put sprays 
of wheat-ear leaves at the end of each rectangle.  For that matter, you could 
put a plait down the middle of each rectangle and do leaves from one side of 
the rectangle, to the plait, and to the other side like a wheat ear.  If you 
like leaves, that is <G>.

Just some thoughts,

Robin P.
Los Angeles, California, USA
[email protected]

-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]

Reply via email to