Dear Tess,
Anyway, what's done is done, and I hope that this will clear up some
of the confusion which inevitably occurs when one is trying to explain
a process without visual aids. The link to YouTube is: <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPezWMox5-M > I hope you find it useful.

Thanks for your video clip. I found it fascinating mainly because your tallies are the exact opposite of mine. I go under the outside 2 and over the middle passive, which doesn't matter because the end result is the same.

I must tell you though, that I DO make perfect tallies using English midlands bobbins. I must get a friend round to video my method which is so different from yours. Apart from the over-under bit, I put pins in at 45 degrees to hold the tension on the 2 outside passives. Too hard to explain in words.

Thanks again
David in Ballarat