I admire the idea, Aurelia, of making 9 jabots for judges of the Supreme Court. I hope that it comes to fruition.

May I suggest that when the jabots have been made that they be given to the Supreme Court for use by the Judges & not as personal gifts. That way the jabots can be used in perpetuity for as long as the jabots endure. That would mean that someone would need to be given the job of taking care of the jabots when not worn by the judges.

Alex Stillwell also designed a Floral Bucks Jabot which was published in the UK Lace Guild 1997 Calendar (see the October page). This one is a simpler design which folds in half & on which an eagle, scales of Justice, or something else American could be worked.

Best of luck with the project.
Pene in Tartu, Estonia