Can't you get a piece of tag or poster board (what we call it here) and make
light scores that will fold into an envelope style (in a triangle corners
folded toward the center style)?  A slit cut with an x-acto type knife will
make a place to tuck the top corner/flap into the bottom triangle.  
I would think one would have fear over acidic paper, so one should be able to
line it with acid free tissue.  I used to have an international mail order
business, and often custom work needed the making of a custom box, and it is
surprising what a tinge of creativity reveals.  The tag board could be covered
with some of the gorgeous papers available, and just tied with a ribbon,
negating the need for an elaborate triangle folded envelope, to one that is
just a simple tri-fold with horizontal parallel fold lines strategically
placed across a rectangle.
The other thing that comes to mind is a tad more rustic, but could be lovely.
 When very young I wanted a purse, and my mother sewed felt into an envelope
(and I was give the three year old project of glueing large sequins all over
it) and a large snap was added.I would think that some felt, or a fabric
quilted type of bag, perhaps with another layer/pocket to place cardboard/tag
or posterboard, would help it keep shape and provide a layer between hankie
and cardboard (or even plastic canvas mesh could be inserted and sewn shut.
 Many, many options, that I won't go on at length about here.  <smile>
If you don't want to sew much, a slit could be cut in felt and a ribbon
threaded thru all and tied up in a bow could make an interesting and simple
closure.  Even a pretty button would work, or a small bow or button sewn over
a nylon snap, etc....
HTH,Susan Reishus

-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]

Reply via email to