Well, the pictures do not display the lace well, so I cranked up the 
magnification on my computer to about 400% and decided that it may be silk, it 
may be antique, and it may be handmade, but it isn't Chantilly.  The holes in 
the point ground should not be discernable from a photograph that is not a 
tight closeup.  I suspect that it is more probably a Point de Paris grounded 
piece which can have quite large (relatively) holes in the paris ground or a 
guipure (Beds, Cluny or Maltese) where the holes in the ground can be seriously 
large.  Both paris and guipure grounded laces were made in black silk.


-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Lora
Sent: Friday, December 04, 2009 12:25 PM
To: Lace Arachne
Subject: [lace] Chantilly lace ruffs

Didn't know if any lacemakers would be interested in this. The clothing 
designer selling them has been around for a while and is quite respected as well

The pictures arnt great, can anyone knowledgable about such things tell if the 
lace is genuine?

http://www.kambriel.com/chantillyruff.html

Either way I thought it interesting when I stumbled across it in my inbox!

-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]

-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]

Reply via email to