Dear Lorelei,
Thank you for the link to your website on needlelace.  If you don't mind, I
will include it in my handout.  I didn't know The Encyclopedia was on line and
I have just checked it.  The chapters are different.  In my book the chapter
called Needle-made Laces starts at page 647 and the diagrams start at Fig.862
and go to 962. The on-line version has some of those examples under Irish Lace,
not in the Venetian lace which was where I first looked.  My little book was
printed in 1928.
Janice

Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
www.jblace.com
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org

<Janice
My website page    http://lynxlace.com/learning%20needlelace.html  lists
several needle lace instruction books, with comments by needle lacers who have
used them.  Also there are links to the online DMC Encyclopedia and the free
download site.  In regard to the books, I don't know which ones are still in
print.

Lorelei>