Also Cynthia Voysey's "Honiton Lace, A Practical Guide"

This book is unusual in that it has many photographs of the lace in
progress to illustrate the text, along with a few diagrams.

Wherever possible, I would recommend that you have more than one book.
That way you can read the same technique described in more than one way.  It is
incredibly difficult to write instructions so the reader can understand
exactly what the writer means, so reading more than one writer's take on
something can be very helpful.

Where the same technique is worked in subtly different ways, try them both
and see which suits you best in each situation.  For example, I have three
different turning stitches and use all three as appropriate.

I am incredibly lucky to have had Pat Read as my main teacher.  One day in
class she explained that she would show us one way to do something, but
other teachers might well show us other ways.  The other way might suit us
better, in which case she would not be offended, but it might also be the case
that her way is best with one thread, bobbin style, or pillow combination and
the other ways work better with other combinations.  Just have a good
notebook so you can keep all the options available.

Jacquie in Lincolnshire