Dear Vanda ——  Congrats! As to the fabric: Ruth Tanner, one of our local 
lacemakers and the most
gifted tatter imaginable (!), gave me a piece of sheer linen, absolutely 
perfect for the purpose,
and I have been s-l-o-w-l-y hemstitching the lace to that. I can do about an 
inch at a time, and
then my eyes start to water and I cease to be able to count the 4 threads that 
my needle needs to
pick up. Oh the adventuresome life of a lacemaker! Yes, I do think we should 
each choose our own
bit of fabric. We will present nine highly individual jabots. Thank you for 
staying in touch!

Aurelia
Catonsville, Maryland

-----Original Message-----
>From: John and Vanda McArthur <[email protected]>
>Sent: Jun 25, 2010 11:36 AM
>To: Aurelia Loveman <[email protected]>
>Subject: Re: Getting on with it
>
>Dear Aurelia,I do hope is all still going well for you. I am getting to the 
>end of my jabot lace. What sort of fabric are we going to use to mount the 
>lace on? All the same or do we each find our own? Take care.VandaP.S. I am 
>sure that whatever sort of "presentation letter" you write will be absolutely 
>perfect.

-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]

Reply via email to