An interesting article about an artist that presents their work mostly with
raffia and twine and does some lacemaking techniques using it. It is a
nontraditional use of lacemaking techniques. Some of the examples are not
lace techniques at all.  Just bunched up or twisted in a fashion.  The
mannequin is quite funny :)   Here is the article:

http://tinyurl.com/37zkeb9

Part of the article had me puzzled:  (snip) "Called The Lacemaker, the
collection was created for the Design Centre at Philadelphia University  in
response to their collection of Quaker lace." (unsnip)

Quaker lace???? Don't know this term and wondered where its origin came
from.  Please let me know more about this type if any of you know the
research about it.  The article doesn't give any footnotes.

Thanks,

--
Mark, aka Tatman
website: http://www.tat-man.net