"Thumpers

I had thought that these were used for Downton rather than traditional
Bucks"

No, Downton has its own specific bobbins.  Thumpers are often called Bucks
thumpers.  Just wish I could work out which book it is that itemises all the
different bobbins of this similar style, and which only calls specific ones
'thumpers'.

It *could* be the Springett's bobbin book, but of course when I need it, I
can't put my hand on it.  Perhaps some kind person would have a quick look
for me.  It's like T4L, and goes invisible.  I have solved it with the latter
and have at least 4 copies around my bookshelves.

Jacquie in Lincolnshire,

back to teaching today (hurray) after a two week holiday (!) while DH had a
quadruple heart bypass and I was in nursing mode.