Even if you don't understand French, please go through this whole
film: <
http://videos.tf1.fr/jt-13h/les-travaux-d-aiguille-les-dentellieres-de-l-artois-6143696.html

 > It will look very familiar to all of us!  The beginning lacemakers
talk about their trials and errors, and the more experienced ones help
the new ones.  There is even a husband who says that he makes lace
twenty=three hours a day (!) and his wife gives him a friendly little
pat on the arm.  They are mostly working on familiar torchon examples,
but they have posted some others which many of us have made.

This is from a daily broadcast where the announcer visits the crafts
of France with examples of all sorts of things, like farmers making
cheese, raising ducks for the market, building walls, and so on and so
on.  It comes on every day on French television at the midday news
hour and is a favorite of mine.  My daughter just happened to catch
this one, which I think is really well done.  It will be followed by
embroidery, knitting, and so on, and I think it is all this week.

For the ones among us who speak French, I know you will enjoy this.
For the rest, just have a good time joining a typical French lace
group at work.

Tess (tess1...@aol.com)