That is a lovely little robin, Pam.
I've seen a robin twice while I've lived here in Tartu.
I think the overlap of the cake wire would look better in the middle at the bottom, rather than in one corner.

Can you add to the instructions to spray or wet the fringe ends & comb straight?

I quite often see photos of lovely ornaments or bookmarks where the ends are all over the place. Whenever I have a piece of lace that I'm ending in a fringe, I lay it on a clean tea-towel & after spritzing the ends with water, I then use a wide tooth comb to straighten the ends.
Then the ends can be trimmed so that they are all the same length.

Well, it snowed here on Thursday & now there are just little piles everywhere.
Pene in Tartu, Estonia