Do you think there is any point in (lots of arachnes) writing to the
seller, quoting the Springetts info and saying that she is most likely
seriously
misdescribing these bobbins........    Dymo tape labels in the lid of a box
are not proof that the contents are what they claim to be.  I am assuming
that whoever is bidding on them is only paying that price because of the
alleged provenance.

I already wrote earlier this morning asking a) if she had any extra proof
such as the catalogue reference, and b) if she knew if they are bone or
ivory.  No answer yet.

I hate to think of someone paying all that for what are basically a
just-a-little-out-of-the- ordinary bobbin, when they think they are getting a
Victorian souvenir.  And then they will keep them labelled as such, and this is
how the myths are born.

Jacquie