Hi Jean,

We have a system at our monthly meetings of the Aust. Lace Guild in South Australia which works brilliantly. We donate books to the trading table (organised by our Librarian) and we pay 50cents per book (fiction novels). After reading them they are given back to the trading table and someone else buys them for 50cents. If we have more than one person interested when the book first arrives, we sometimes write their name inside the book in pencil then pass the book on to the next person on the list. By the time we've finished with it if nobody else needs/wants it the books are usually donated to the local thrift shops or old people's homes. This way we recycle and also we earn money for our Guild which is banked into our Tutor's Fund which pays for visiting tutors.

Hope this helps with your dilemma. I haven't read these books yet so I'd best go looking at our local library as they haven't turned up on our trading table. Please can someone let me know the name of the first book?

Ta muchly,
Shirley T. - lots of reading time coming up as the temperature is tipped to reach 39C tomorrow then 43C for New Years Eve!!!!! Well, we haven't had a lot of hot weather yet.............