Betty et al,
I do remember seeing these lace cloths on my visit to the mansion in the
Missouri Botanical Gardens. I didn't have a camera with me at the time.
Can't remember what my conclusion was on the lace and I do recall thinking
that it would be a good post to the list.  Glad Sallie piped up and nice to
know of another area lacemaker :-D   We frequent MOBOT and are members.
Been a while since we have been there to view the gardens.  I will have to
remember to go into the house(with macro lens camera) to see the lace again.
But I do think that it is a Cluny or tape lace and the other cloth is drawn
thread work.  Just my opinion.

--
Mark, aka Tatman
website: http://www.tat-man.net