Happy New Year to everybody on the list.

Today is our 30th wedding anniversary & I'm looking forward to going out for dinner soon. But I had to return a big new book to the Tartu Public library today & pick up 3 books I had requested yesterday. The biggest book was "Master Works - Decorative and Functional Art" (published in 2000, Australia) which had 'lace' included in the description. I looked through the table of contents to find what kind of lace was included. To my surprise under "Bobbins and Needles" is the name of my cousin, Jenny Rees. So I turn to page 116 to read the first sentence "In 1982 Jenny Rees had a few lessons in bobbin lacemaking from a cousin who was learning herself." I quickly shared this discovery with my husband - as I am that cousin!

There is a "Sturt's Desert Pea" edging for a handkerchief that is not in Jenny's book & a Carrickmacross Gum Leaf mat with instructions for both. There is also a photo of a lovely Bedfordshire lace collar with what looks like a banksia surrounded by flannel flowers & gum leaves. I realize that this was published before the bushfire that destroyed Jenny's home. There are also a few other names that I recognize - Marie Laurie (needlepoint lace), Margaret Rolfe (quilting) & Annemieke Mein (sculptured forms).

I'm going to fun having a good browse through this beautiful book.
I'm feeling on top of the world today!
Pene in Tartu, Estonia where yesterday the snow started to melt & a few roofs are collapsing!