Hello all,
The mention of a Spanish randa tweaked my curiosity, since an Argentine friend has been teaching our local lace group a netted lace called "Randa Tucumana"; that is, randa from the Tucumán area in Argentina. It looks similar to filet lace but the knot is made differently and it is worked from top to bottom (the mesh is made with a needle and another thin rod or needle, and the direction of growth is downwards). Does anyone have a link to a Spanish randa page, to see what is being discussed?
Thanks!

P.S.: Yes, I was wrong in suggesting the book was a translation of Therese De Dillmont's but that happens when you don't engage the brain before opening your mouth.... ;-)

Debora Lustgarten
Toronto, Canada