I would thoroughly dampen the lace, then pin the pricking onto a pillow or a
piece of styrofoam, or the ironing board if it would fit, cover the pricking
with plastic and then pin the lace back into the original pinholes. It's
easiest if you pin a bit on one side and then a bit on the opposite side, then
the third side and the side opposite that, and then go back and start pinning
in a bit more on each side in the same way, until you have filled all the
outside pinholes. That should do the trick.

If you haven't got a full pricking, you can do this without any pricking, but
using the original is ideal.

Adele
North Vancouver, BC
(west coast of Canada)