I still have my original honiton pillow which is made with barley straw. But I cheated and bought my from Dennis Hornsby. It is quite large and heavy. I had seen him at a Lace Day in Essex in the early 80s. I had run out of money by the time I saw it and he had only one left. I said I was spent up and would he send it to me if I sent him a cheque the following week and he very kindly agreed that I could take it with me, the postage would have been a lot, then send him a cheque. He said that as I was a lacemaker he could trust me, plus I had a teeshirt on that had the name of the company my husband worked for at the time!!! I did go on to make a couple of honiton straw pillows myself but they are a lot softer than they should be really. Must admit I don't remember a 'honiton pillow' being called a 'demonstration pillow before'. A gap in my lace education perhaps??!!

Maureen
E Yorks UK (where it is unusually sunny and warm)