Hello All!  I must be channeling Lyn or vice versa!  I too saw an opportunity
for creatively saving money on a bicycle basket but I didn't plan to do all the
work myself.  Lyn, you're an over-achiever!!  On Sat. I was in Waterford, PA in
a little antique shop & was looking over her fine selection of vintage lace &
linens when the air raid/tornado siren went off.  Heck yes--it was a tornado &
a monstrous, funky black saucer shaped cloud that looked like an alien space
ship passed near the downtown with thready funnel shapes dangling from it.
Horizontal rain, hail & waves in the street.  Needless to say, as soon as it
passed I headed for home without purchasing anything but this place is worth a
return trip with lace doilies & lace trimmed embroidered items for $2-3 each.
My thought was to make a patchwork of vintage pieces & cover a new or used
basket.  Sort of like the cloth lining on a picnic basket except on the
outside.  Here in Millcreek Township, the recreation center
 runs basket making classes & they are free for seniors!  The same guy that
taught me to cane a chair seat teaches the baskets & other types of weaving.
Although I don't own a bike, it sure would make a clever & personal gift.
Hmmm.  Sincerely, Susan Hottle, Erie, PA where it will be 90* on Wed so I'd
better finish planting my flowers tomorrow