Have found this thread about Caspar Netscher and Johannes Vermeer most interesting, thank you to those who've posted snippets about the interpretation/meaning on them something which I find quite fascinating.

But it has made me wonder if anyone knows where in the world, which gallery/museum or even private collection the paintings of lacemakers by artists such as Gabriel Metsu, Steven van Duyven, Pieter Jacobsz Codde, Thomas Woolner and Quirijn van Brekelenham might be?

Nicolaes Maes has around 12 paintings of lacemakers credited to him I beleive, I know of 3 but not the others, and I understand J L Dyckmans painted one too, but I've not seen an image of this.

I don't doubt there are others, but if anyone has any answers I'd be most interested to hear - either on or off 'lace'.

happy lacemaking
Nicky in Suffolk
-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://community.webshots.com/user/arachne2003

Reply via email to