Hello All!  The scheduled loss of The Lacemaker shop in Cortland is a downer of
immense proportions & not just for lacemakers.  Tracy is an outstanding
resource for all sorts of fascinating techniques:  bobbin lace, needlelace,
tape lace, Viking knitting, tatting, crochet, lace knitting, embroidery,
Chinese braiding, nalbinding, sprang, kumihimo, beading--and the list goes on
and on.  In addition to carrying the equipment, supplies & books, she has
generously shared her skills, knowledge & trouble shooting prowess.  You can
buy things on the internet, but you can't buy the ideas, encouragement &
feedback--they are priceless.  Tracy has been my teacher, mentor & friend in
lacemaking & other textile adventures for more than 10 years.  From my private
emails, I know I'm not the only one addicted to the merchandise, events &
creative camaraderie at the The Lacemaker so it's hard to imagine what will
happen in the upcoming vacuum.  I'm sure many of you have a lace-bond with your
!
 favorite supplier, but I would say a visit to Cortland was different &
personal--sort of like having Lace Day & a workshop anytime the shop was open.
What a shame we've come to the end.  Sincerely, Susan Hottle, Erie, PA USA,
wishing her the best while feeling sorry for myself