Devon wrote:
What is cosplay costuming, and what is a Lolita  dress?

My kids are big into anime (aka Japanese animation), and like to go to anime cons...it's a whole sub-culture all its own. Cosplay is short for costume play. People dress up like their favorite characters...some of the costumes are absolutely amazing! They have a cosplay competition...each person is allowed a few minutes on the stage to show off their costumes and do a short skit. More info here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosplay

Lolita dresses originated in Japan. They're usually short and bedecked with lace and net, made out of satins and silks and velvets. They can also be long. They're somewhat goth/victorian looking...akin to the steampunk look. There's a better description here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lolita_fashion

Enjoy!

Peg
in Fairview Park OH...just got back from a massage and not only are my muscles mooshy, my brain is, too.