I don't think heat or flammability is the problem--it's the release of acetic
acid when the acetate film is exposed to humidity.

And yes, the sheet used
in framing is polycarbonate, but the original question was about acetate film,
which is a different material.

But I certainly agree about the advantages of
protecting lace from dust!

Nancy

Jane Partridge <jpartri...@pebble.demon.co.uk>
<nnef...@yahoo.com>
<lace@arachne.com>
>Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2011 5:43 AM
>Subject:
[lace] Idea for lace ornament frame

>I think things may have come on since
then, as the lighting gel used in theatres and television is acetate - and
that withstands the heat from 1kw stage/set lights without problem - if it was
anywhere near as flammable as its predecessor it wouldn't be used!

>The
usual sheet used in framing is much thicker, and probably a polycarbonate.